We are hiring! Agri Aware is looking for a full-time Education Officer to join our growing team!
Are you interested in agriculture? Do you have a passion for education? Then this role might be for you:
Role: Education Officer
Location: Agri Aware, Second Floor The Irish Farm Centre, Bluebell, Dublin 12
Agri Aware is recruiting a full-time Education Officer to join their growing team. The available position is 37.5 hours per week and will require occasional assistance with weekday and weekend events.
Education Officer duties include but are not limited to the following;
- Assist with developing and delivering curriculum-linked education programmes for schools, both primary and secondary level
- Assist your line manager with the development of new resources in the forms of videos, podcasts, articles, worksheets etc. for a range of Agri Aware programmes, both primary and secondary level
- Assist in the development of Irish Farmers Journal (IFJ) ag-science study guides in collaboration with the line manager and IASTA
- Develop new learning opportunities for transition year students
- Communication with programme participants i.e. teachers, in a timely and professional manner
- Occasional face-to-face delivery of education material at The Lidl Farm – the farm to fork experience with Agri Aware (approx. 4 days per month)
- Represent Agri Aware at events as required e.g. Farm Walk & Talk, Bloom in the Phoenix Park etc.
- Occasional evening and weekend work as required
- Perform other duties, as assigned, in order to support and assist other Agri Aware staff
- Third-level degree in one of the following subject areas: agricultural science, nutrition, primary teaching, secondary teaching, biology or any other relevant subject
- Knowledge of the agriculture and food sectors
- Basic knowledge of the primary and secondary school curriculums
- A strong passion for education
- Ability to manage a dynamic workload and to work to tight deadlines
- A strong team player
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to write and to speak Irish
- Experience teaching or working with groups of young people
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject area
- Digital media skills
- A full driver’s licence and access to a personal vehicle
Please send a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that the cover letter and CV are contained within one document (Word or PDF accepted).
The closing date for applications is 3rd February 2023.
Please use the subject line ‘Education Officer Application – [Insert Your Full Name]‘ when emailing your application.
Should you require any further information about the available position, you may email email@example.com in confidence.