Agri Aware's longest-running programme, Incredible Edibles, has just awarded this year's prize winners.
The standard of submissions was incredibly high, making the judging very difficult. Well done to everybody. Thank you all for the work you put in over the year, it was incredible.
Here is the full podium list of winners and their categories.
Full List of PRIZE WINNERS
- 1st PLACE OVERALL – Ms. Catherine Conneely’s 3rd class, Creevy National School, Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal (Postal). – VIP trip to Airfield (Tour of gardens and farm) and composter for the school
- 2nd PLACE OVERALL – Michaela Doyle Murphy’s 4th and 5th Class, Bunscoil Ris Edmund Rice School, New Ross, Co. Wexford (Designated DEIS School – Postal and Online). - VIP Trip to Country Crest and Greenhouse for the school - Sponsored by Country Crest
- 3rd PLACE OVERALL - Ms. Stephanie Kearns’ Junior and Senior Infants, St. Joseph's NS, Mulhussey, Kilcock, Co. Meath (Online). 3rd prize - Rainwater harvester for the school
- Best Home-School/Gaelscoil/Online/ Special School - Garden tool kit and mesh grow tunnel
- HOMESCHOOL CATEGORY – Michael Jolly, 3rd Class, Ballina, Co. Mayo. (Online) - Garden tool kit and mesh grow tunnel
- GAELSCOIL CATEGORY – Ms. Maire De Bhruin’s 2nd Class, Gaelscoi Liatroma, Liatroma (Postal). - Garden tool kit and mesh grow tunnel
- SPECIAL CATEGORY – Ms. Annelies Verniest’s ASD Class, Berrings National Schools, Co. Cork - Garden tool kit and mesh grow tunnel
- ONLINE CATEGORY - Mr. Jerry Kelleher’s 6th Class, Banteer National School, Co. Cork. (Online website: https://banteerns.ie/incredibleedibles/ ) - Garden tool kit and mesh grow tunnel
- *NEW* JUNIOR CATEGORY- Ms. Hazel O'Dwyer’s Senior Infants, Portlaoise Educate Together National School, Co. Laois. - Greenhouse for the school
Incredible Edibles is supported by the following sponsors: The Department of Health (Healthy Ireland), Dole Ireland, The Department of Education, safefood, Keelings, Irish Farmers Association, Country Crest, The Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Teagasc, Bord Bia, McCormack Family Farms, Irish National Dietetic Institution, Irish Potato Marketing, and UCC School of Public Health.